Monday, October 3, 2016

Announcement: Hiatus On Reviews


I've been waiting for the right time to announce this. There really is no easy or funny way to say it, regardless of how sober or not sober I am. I've been doing reviews on this blog for years now. I've been providing regular drunken rants on major events like Fear Itself, Brightest Day, Avengers vs. X-men, and Secret Wars. I've offered my colorful commentary on all sorts of developments, from DC's New 52 to Marvel NOW! During that time, I've tried to make this blog a source for entertainment, reviews, and insight. I've also tried to use it as a means of promoting X-men Supreme and my various publishing efforts.

Now, after a lot of time and some careful meditation, I've decided to take a break from reviewing comics on this blog. I know this will come as a disappointment to those who rely on my drunken rants to fill them in on the events of X-men, Marvel, and DC comics. For this, I apologize. I did not come to this decision easily, but in recent times, I feel as though the quality of my reviews has declined or stagnated. They just aren't on the same level as they used to be and that has everything to do with me and not the comics themselves.

In addition to the quality, I've also begun a new blogging project for my writing at Jack Fisher's Official Publishing Blog. With this blog, I'm hoping to make more of a push to become an established writer. As much as I enjoy writing X-men Supreme, I want to make a career out of writing and this blog just isn't helping me enough with that.

It's gotten to a point where writing these reviews every week has become a chore and in my experience, when something becomes a chore, it limits the ability to make it awesome. I don't want to pump more crap onto the internet because there's already enough of that to go around. I want to contribute quality awesome.

Now in an effort to provide some level of poetic closure, I will be reviewing Death of X. I think this will be a fitting way to shelve Nuff Said! After that series concludes, I'll continue posting my PopMatters reviews and my extended previews for X-men Supreme, however long that series goes. I'm also working on developing partnerships with other comic book websites like ComicsVerse. I may also try a few more things down the line, but I haven't decided yet. For now, Death of X will be the end of the road, at least for now.

Again, I'm sorry to all those who have come to enjoy my reviews, but between stagnant traffic and lower quality, I can't in good conscious continue. Now I am willing to post reviews and feedback from other writers. If you're at all interested, please let me know and I'll try to coordinate. If someone wants to contribute to this blog, I'm more than happy to work on that.

At the moment though, I feel like I need to direct my energy into other projects. This could change down the line, but for now, I feel like this is the right thing to do for me and for this blog. Thanks to everyone who has supported and commented on this blog at every turn. I hope that support continues with future projects. Nuff said!

4 comments:

  1. Really gonna miss your weekly reviews. You think that your reviews have declined in quality but to me they are the best on the web. I wish you luck on your future endeavors and hope the very best for your writing career Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, no way am I going to keep up with recent comics without your reviews... I'm in Europe and it takes months if not years for them to be released here. Well, I guess I'll have to get myself an Unlimited account after all :/ Good luck for your career though. You're a very talented writer, you deserve the success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad day got much worse.....good luck man in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete