Friday, October 10, 2014

X-men Supreme Issue #105: Bleeding Hearts is LIVE and Pic Updates


There are some villains for which there is very little margin for error. The X-men have more than a few villains of that nature and the X-men Supreme fanfiction series has used plenty of them. These villains find ways to do more than just challenge he X-men physically. They make the struggle very personal. One of the major themes of X-men in general is that it's full of personal struggles. The struggle between the conflicting ideologies of Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto is by far the most prominent, but there are plenty of other struggles. X-men Supreme has brought in struggles that involve Wolverine and Weapon X, Emma Frost and the Inner Circle, and Mystique and her children. However, the next great struggle in X-men Supreme will be even more dire than usual because it involves Selene, the Black Queen.

As I've said before, Selene is a character that has been quite a menace in the X-men comics at times with events like Necrosha. However, she hasn't really had an opportunity to show just how menacing she can be. With X-men Supreme, I wanted to give her a bit more depth. I didn't just want to make her part of the Inner Circle. I wanted her to be her own character with her own motivations. That's what led me to link her goals with that of Sinister. They seem like odd bedfellows, if that's not too inappropriate a term. One relies on science. The other relies on magic. By themselves, Selene and Sinister are very dangerous. But team them up and the threat level rises expoentionally.

It's the kind of threat that the X-men have not yet had to confront here in this fanfiction series. They've faced each character individually and triumphed. Now they have to face them together. What kind of danger can they create by combining Sinister's mad science with Selene's magic? That's what the next big arc in this fanfiction series will explore and it starts with this new issue. It has Selene making her presence felt again. She already left some pretty deep scars with Amanda Sefton and her mother. Now she's returning, but not for the reasons she and the X-men might suspect. Her plans, as well as Sinister's, have evolved to become much more devious. It'll set the stage for an arc that will have some significant implications later on in X-men Supreme Volume 5: Dark Truths and it begins today.

X-men Supreme Issue 105: Bleeding Hearts

And since Selene is going to be such a major player in the upcoming issues of X-men Supreme, I think the time is perfect for an update to the pics section. I do apologize if it seems like I'm negating this section. Rest assure I'm always on the look out for awesome images of X-men and beautiful X-women. So anyone who has something they would like me to post is welcome to contact me and help me make the X-men Supreme website more awesome.

Black Queen Pics

Shadowcat Pics

Phoenix Pics

Whenever I tell stories like this that have never been attempted in the comics, I try to be careful. I've seen one too many times how an X-men story or a comic book story in general becomes too messy when stories are different just for the sake of being different. I want to tell stories in X-men Supreme that are unique for both fanfiction and comics as a whole. I also want to tell them in the right way. That means making these characters appealing. What I'll be doing in this upcoming arc will change things with certain characters. For fans of those characters, I want to be sure I do it right. So please take the time to provide feedback of this and other issues of X-men Supreme. Either contact me directly or place your comments directly in the issue. I try to respond to every email I get. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment