Friday, August 1, 2014

X-men Supreme Issue #100: Prison Break Part 1 is LIVE and 100th Issue Celebration!


Today is a date that has been nearly five years in the making. It marks one of the biggest milestones to date for the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. Throughout the history of comics, longevity has been the standard by which greatness is measured. By that standard, the X-men as a whole certainly qualified. Just last year, they celebrated their 50th anniversary since their creation by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. I did my best to commemorate that moment with my work in X-men Supreme. Now this fanfiction series has achieved something else worth celebrating. This vast world of X-men that I’ve painstakingly created has reached 100 issues.

It’s amazing to think that this fanfiction series has been going this long. When I started X-men Supreme, I didn’t have a clear idea of how far I would take it. I just laid out a series of concepts and started building this fanfiction series from here. Now after 100 issues, I can’t help but take a step back and marvel at how vast this structure has become. So many well-known, iconic characters have been developed. I’ve even created new ones in General Grimshaw and Captain Freeman that are unique to X-men Supreme. This fanfiction series has come a long way and there’s still so much more story to be told. I would love to take some time and have the world of X-men Supreme celebrate this milestone, but there’s an ongoing crisis underway.

This milestone issue marks the beginning of the first major arc of X-men Supreme Volume 5: Dark Truths. In many ways, this arc is the spark that ignites the explosive plots that were developed in X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear. The recently demoted John Wraith and Reverend William Stryker, along with the recently-enlisted hacker known as Arcade, hacked the Xavier Institute’s computers to locate the prison holding Graydon Creed. The last time this man was allowed to act, he unleashed Bastion on District X. He’s a dangerous enemy to mutants everywhere and a critical ally for Wraith and Stryker. Now they’re ready to set him free.

In order to do this, they’ve ironically enlisted the help of another mutant, Shanobi Shaw. As the son of Sebastian Shaw, who played a significant role in the X-men’s struggle against the Inner Circle and the Phoenix Force, he has resources that they need to rescue Graydon Creed. Now he’s poised to do so by utilizing the Stepford Cuckoos, the cloned daughters of Emma Frost that Shaw created from her. It’s a bold move and one that promises to have far greater implications than any of them can imagine. It’ll send the X-men and their enemies on a path of no return that will set the stage for what can be expected over the course of X-men Supreme Volume 5: Dark Truths.

X-men Supreme Issue 100: Prison Break Part 1

It has been an amazing experience, developing the X-men Supreme fanfiction series over the course of 100 issues. It has given me a new appreciation for the challenge that the writers at Marvel face in developing these characters that so many fans love and cherish. There aren’t a lot of X-men comics, or comic books in general, these days that make to 100 issues. Even fewer are able to be released on a consistent, bi-weekly basis. Over the past four years, I’ve gotten a lot of support from friends and fans. At times that support seems to wane, but there are those who go out of their way to remind me that they support X-men Supreme. Some have done so since it began and for that, I am very grateful. And I want to keep expanding on that support. I want X-men Supreme to be an experience that X-men fans can cherish in their own special way. X-men Supreme has now grown to a point where it has achieved something special and I want to keep achieving. So please, to all those who read and follow X-men Supreme, take the time to provide feedback so that I can continue making this fanfiction series awesome for as long as I have epic stories to tell. Either contact me or post your feedback directly in the issue. Here’s to 100 awesome issues of an epic fanfiction series. To all those who have supported X-men Supreme, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Excelsior!


Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment