Friday, May 16, 2014

X-men Supreme Reflections: General Nathan Grimshaw is LIVE!


Every so often, I encounter a part of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series that is both incredibly challenging yet deeply rewarding. For a fanfiction series this big, there have been more than a few parts like that. Arcs like the Phoenix Saga, the Cambrian, and Overlord rank very highly in terms of those I'm most proud of in creating X-men Supreme. However, I take a special kind of pride in creating the two original characters that I've incorporated into this fanfiction series, Captain Jack Freeman and General Nathan Grimshaw.

As I've said before, incorporating original characters into a fanfiction series is very challenging and very easy to mess up. I knew at some point I was going to create my own characters to help X-men Supreme become more unique. I waited until X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear because I wanted to make sure I had developed as many X-men characters as possible. When the time came to bring General Grimshaw and Captain Freeman into the mix, it had to be under just the right circumstances. And I think I created just that with President Kelly's mutant initiative and the ongoing conflicts with Reverend William Stryker. Since then, General Grimshaw has become an X-men Supreme mainstay, positioning himself on the front lines of these conflicts. And when X-men Supreme Volume 5 unfolds, he will remain in that position. That makes him an important character for the future of this fanfiction series. As such, it's important that readers know who this man is and why he does what he does.

For this reason, General Grimshaw's entry into X-men Supreme Reflections is probably the most important reflection to date. I won't say it's required reading for X-men Supreme Volume 5, but I will say that it helps put some of the future events into perspective. It also will give readers a better sense for how General Grimshaw's role will develop. He said from the beginning that he can be the X-men's greatest ally or worst enemy, depending on the choices they make. He is very different compared to President Kelly or Reverend Stryker. His history and his ambitions will drive him in a way that will make him a force to be reckoned with. So with that, I am very excited to release the inner reflections of Nathan Grimshaw. He's not just my own creation. He is a man on a mission who promises to have a major impact on the future of X-men Supreme.

X-men Suprme Reflections: General Nathan Grimshaw

Take note in that General Grimshaw cannot be found in any of the X-men comics, cartoons, or movies. He is an X-men Supreme exclusive. And because of that, I am extra motivated to make him as awesome and memorable as possible. For that same reason, it's even more important that I receive input and feedback from readers on him and his counterpart, Captain Jack Freeman. Again, I understand that X-men fans want stories about the X-men. And rest assured, these characters will not detract from the X-men. But I want General Grimshaw to help make the X-men and the X-men Supreme fanfiction series more awesome. So please, my fellow X-men fans, take the time to provide feedback and comments on this entry of X-men Supreme Reflections. Either post it directly in the issue or contact me and send me your remarks. I'm open to either one and I will gladly respond to every inquiry. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Look forward to seeing where it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to take a little break from Marvel, because when something you love continuously kicks you in the nuts.. well you get the idea.
    Good to see you have a higher tolerance and keeping on the good work !!!

    ReplyDelete