Friday, November 22, 2013

X-men Supreme Issue 88: Cambrian Explosion Part 5 is LIVE!

It's finally here! The last issue of one of the biggest arcs to date in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series has arrived. Ever since it began, I've been stating and re-stating how big this arc is in terms of the big picture in X-men Supreme. And at the end of this new issue, everyone will see why. I know it's a little late since Marvel has already finished their X-men 50th anniversary event in X-men Battle of the Atom. I wish X-men Supreme could have finished alongside this event, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. My goal with this fanfiction series is to tell the best possible stories with X-men. And with almost 100 issues to date, I like to think I've done plenty to achieve that goal. Now I'm hoping to add to X-men Supreme's legacy with the conclusion of the Cambrian arc.

The X-men are going up against a true force of nature. The Cambrian is unlike anything they have ever faced before. It's even more menacing than the Phoenix Force. This thing doesn't just affect one person. It affects the entire mutant race and all life on Earth. It literally wants to reshape the entire biosphere of a planet and anything that gets in its way will be doomed to extinction. In the previous issue, the X-men fought hard and even against some of their own friends who had succumbed to the Cambrian's influence to reach its core. Now that they've made it, they must deliver the final blow. However, any victory at this point is going to come at a price and that price will have significant costs for the entire X-men Supreme fanfiction series.

Now it's all up to Professor Charles Xavier and Jean Grey to deliver this final blow. And they have to do so knowing that any pain they inflict upon the Cambrian will be felt by every mutant it has under its influence, including the man who provoked this creature, Magneto. In addition, they also have to be mindful of President Kelly and General Grimshow, who both want to blow the Cambrian up and everyone with it. Time has almost run out. The X-men need to succeed or all life on Earth is doomed. It's one of the most epic struggles in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series to date and I'm proud to finally finish it to commemorate the X-men's 50th anniversary.

X-men Supreme Issue 88: Cambrian Explosion Part 5

And since the end of this event is such a big moment for the X-men Supreme fanfiction series, I think it's fitting and perfectly timed that I add in another update for the pics section. My good friend, Brian Brinlee, has submitted another commission that captures a very memorable moment between Deadpool and Wolverine in X-men Supreme Issue 37: Deadpool Part 2. As always, I deeply appreciate Mr. Brinlee's contributions and anyone out there who wishes to submit artwork, please contact me and I'll be happy to post it as well.

X-men Supreme Official Panels

When I first came up with the idea for the Cambrian, I always intended for it to be a major turning point for X-men Supreme. The nature of that turning point has changed a number of times as the story has unfolded, but now that it's set, it will set the stage for how X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear will play out. Throughout the history of X-men, the team has undergone numerous upheavals and shake-ups. I have every intention of doing the same thing with X-men Supreme. And as always, it can only be as awesome as the help I receive from people who take the time to review. I noticed that not many people have been leaving comments on this website lately. If there is a reason for that, I would love to know why. So please take the time to post your review of X-men Supreme. Post your feedback in the issue or contact me directly and I'll be happy to discuss this or anything X-men related. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment