Friday, March 15, 2013

X-men Supreme Reflections: Alex Summers is LIVE!

The X-men Supreme fanfiction series is once again in the eye of a storm. The world of X-men is in between volumes. The dramatic end to X-men Supreme Volume 3: Ashes of Hope is becoming an increasingly distant memory while the beginning of X-men Supreme Volume 4 continues to draw closer! I never try to plan too far ahead into this fanfiction series because I want to ensure some degree of flexibility. However, I do try to organize each volume of X-men Supreme ahead of time so that some of the key details are already in place. By the time I finished X-men Supreme Issue 71: Election Day, I already had the first issue of Volume 4 planned out in intimate detail. And as I've been working on X-men Supreme Reflections Volume 3, I've refined those details to a point where I'm ready for Volume 4 whenever the time comes! However, my primary focus continues to be on finishing X-men Supreme Reflections Volume 3.

As I've said before, this fanfiction series has placed a heavy emphasis on family drama since it began. Historically, X-men comics have utilized much more family dynamics and romantic conflicts compared to other comics and that goes for DC comics, Marvel, and other publishers. Part of the appeal is that these are conflicts people can relate to. That's why I feel the conflict between Alex Summers and his brother, Cyclops, is so compelling. I intended from the very early stages of X-men Supreme to have the relationship between the Summers brother be damaged and volatile. We know Cyclops's side of the story because he had an entry in X-men Supreme Reflections Volume 2. But as is often the case in X-men, there are two sides to every story and now it's time for Havok to have his! As such, I think it's a fitting way to end X-men Supreme Reflections Volume 3!

X-men Supreme Reflections: Alex Summers

With the end of X-men Supreme Reflections Volume 3, this fanfiction series is just a little more closer to the beginning of X-men Supreme Volume 4. However, I'm afraid to say that readers will have to wait just a little bit longer to see the next saga of X-men Supreme unfold. At the end of X-men Supreme Volume 2: War Powers, I did an extra long special issue of X-men Supreme called X-men Supreme Issue 0: Revelation X. It was an X-men Supreme story that was detached from the main series in that it took place before the events of X-men Supreme Volume 1: Mutant Revolution. Well I got some pretty positive feedback from that entry so I've decided to do another one! This one won't take place in the past though. It'll take place in a gap of time between X-men Supreme Volume 3 and X-men Supreme Volume 4. Think of it a self-contained adventure that gives readers a solid X-men Supreme story without having to read the whole series! I can't divulge too many details right now, but I'll make a full announcement in a week! So stay tuned to this website and the X-men Supreme Official Blog.

I'm very excited about the future of X-men Supreme. There are many more stories I want to tell, but the only way to ensure I do those stories correctly is if I continue to get feedback from the readers that support this fanfiction series. I know that X-men Supreme Reflections don't typically get as much feedback, but I still strongly encourage everyone to take the time to review X-men Supreme Reflections and every other issue of this fanfiction series! Either post it in the comments section or contact me directly. Thanks as always to everyone who has supported X-men Supreme. I hope it continues. Until next time, take care and best wishes! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment