Friday, June 10, 2011

X-men Supreme Issue 35: War Crimes PREVIEW

Now that the impact from the Sinister Intent arc has sunk in, the X-men Supreme fanfiction series continues to move forward. The effects on the X-men and the long-term ramifications for those they deal with will start to unfold in the issues to come. After a major arc, it's always a challenge following up with something fitting. I feel X-men Supreme is now in a position for some bold new moves! There are some famous X-men characters that I've been looking to utilize for a while now. There are also some elements from X-men Supreme Volume 1: Mutant Revolution that I haven't revisited yet. That will change in the upcoming issue, entitled War Crimes. As usual, I've prepared a brief preview for this volatile issue.


Lorna hugged her shoulders as the screen panned over some of the protesters, many of whom were carrying hanging nooses and signs reading things like “Death to Mutant Tyrants!” or “Save Humanity Now! Kill the Monster!” There was a lot of bad blood among the crowd and Lorna could hardly blame them. Her father made quite a mess of things with his mad ambitions.

As she paced, the TV was abruptly turned off. Lorna turned around to see Bobby standing there dressed in khakis and a dress shirt. He had been helping her get through this since the beginning and he was still worried for her, and rightfully so it seemed.

“You really shouldn’t be watching this stuff, Lorna,” he said as he tossed the remote aside, “The news these days is worse than video games, heavy metal, and slasher movies combined. And that’s coming from someone who is an expert in all three.”

“I know it’s not doing me any favors,” she said, “But it’s kind of hard to avoid when it all centers around my own father.”

“Just because he’s your father, that doesn’t mean you have to get caught up in his affairs. Remember, he brought this on himself when he tried to unleash an army of killer robots on the world. Considering the over-the-top nature of his antics, nobody would blame you if you stayed home for this.”

“It’s not about what he did…not entirely anyways. I need to be a part of this, Bobby.  Wanda has been encouraging me lately to keep up, especially since she and Pietro are barred from his trial.”

“Not to knock your sister or anything, but I would be wary of any advice from Wanda Maixmoff.”

“I always am. Granted, it would be a whole lot easier if I just completely cut myself off from this, but I can’t. I want to be there when my father faces the world.”

“I still don’t understand why,” said Bobby with a look of compassionate concern, “You’ve already put yourself through enough with him. Why push it further?”

“Because…it’s the right thing to do,” she answered.

Bobby shook his head in exasperation. He cared about Lorna a great deal and tried to support her at every turn, but there were times he just couldn’t wrap his head around her actions. It didn’t make sense. Her father was a madman, even she admitted that. Yet she still held onto her ties with him. He understood family was a powerful force and all, but Magneto a man who wasn’t even part of her life until recently. She deserved better than to endure his web of deviousness.

In a loving gesture, he pulled her into a warm embrace. Lorna was so tense, but she still leaned on him for support. She rested her head on his shoulder, her expression not changing as the sheer weight of this endeavor continued to sink in.

“I’m just worried about you, Lorna,” he said, “You mean a lot to me and I don’t want you to bear more of a burden than you deserve.”

“Sometimes you have to carry that burden,” she said distantly, “It’s part of our responsibility in dealing with who we are.”

“But you’re not your father. You’re nothing like him,” he said, holding her closer.

“I know I’m not. But he’s still part of who I am. And as his daughter, I should be there. For better or for worse, it’s still my responsibility.”

“So there’s nothing anyone can say or do to make you reconsider?”

“Bobby, I think we’ve been together long enough for you to know that when I make up my mind, that’s final. Call me stubborn, but when I make a decision I stick with it…even if it comes back to haunt me.”

Bobby still didn’t understand, but he trusted her word. Lorna may have her share of issues, but when it came to facing challenges she was a whole new kind of tough. It’s part of what he loved about her. It was also part of what made him worry so much.

“I’ll be okay,” she assured him, smiling as best as she could, “I’ll be with you and the X-men. If the going gets tough, I know you guys will be there.”

“For you babe, you know it,” said Bobby, smiling back.

“I love you, Bobby.”

“I love you too, Lorna. Even if you emasculate me with your bravery sometimes.”

I've been very pleased with the limited feedback I've gotten from Sinister Intent. I really hope it grows because there are some big events ahead for X-men Supreme! In the meantime I'll be trying to keep up to date with the bios page. However, some will have to wait since they may involve spoilers for upcoming arcs. That means all you Sinister fans who enjoyed seeing him in Sinister Intent will have to wait. For this, I apologize. However, there will be other characters showing up very soon! I'll be sure to include them as the X-men Supreme fanfiction series continues to unfold. I also plan on making some updates to the pics section when I get a chance.

As always, I deeply appreciate all those who support this fanfiction series. It really means a lot to me! For those of you who wish to contribute to this site with pics or links, feel free to contact me at any time! I'm always happy to discuss this fanfiction series or X-men in general. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have a profound passion for X-men, comic books, and Marvel comics in general. Until the next update, take care and best wishes! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment