Friday, February 4, 2011

X-men Supreme Issue 26: The Ties That Terrorize PREVIEW!

It's a new month and it's time for an update to X-men Supreme! This fanfiction series continues to move along and the next issue is well into development. The world of X-men Supreme has become a lot more volatile as demonstrated in Issue 25: Power Play. The X-men have to worry about more than just being heroes. They have to worry about the political implications of recent events. The X-men Supreme fanfiction series is about more than just the X-men. It covers an entire Marvel Universe. This theme of developing the world around the X-men will continue into the next issue. There are more complicated conflicts for the X-men to take on and some will be revealed while introducing some familiar characters in the process! As always, I have a preview that should give you a brief taste of what X-men Supreme has in store!


Despite Logan’s burning suspicion he stayed silent and let Scott continue. There was no use going down that road again. They had enough problems to worry about.

“I understand completely. And I assure you we’re not out to get caught up with them…yet. But we recently received a tip that elements of the Red mob were involved with sentinel tech. I’m sure you remember the sentinels.”

Piotr’s stoic gaze narrowed. Like many mutants, he saw images of those menacing monstrosities attacking mutants on news feeds. They were a serious issue for people like him and not just because he was a mutant.

“Yes, I know of the sentinels. But I assure you, I am aware of no plot in the Red Mob to acquire such technology.”

“You mean there’s no plot with the people you work for or no plot in general?” Scott probed.

“If there was, I would know. The people I work with would most certainly catch wind of it. And I would most likely not be standing here if there were such a plot. My loyalties are strong, but as a mutant I have my limits.”

Scott studied this man for a moment. It was hard to read his metal face. He could tell that this was someone who had been hardened in more ways than one. He surmised he must have gotten solid training. At the same time, he saw someone who was honest and forthcoming. For anybody in the mafia, that was rare and that added to his credibility in Scott’s eyes. Between this and his gut instincts, Scott was convinced of his words.

“I believe you,” said the X-leader, “But as someone already involved with them, could you tell us if it’s a possibility? Might certain, particularly nasty people be interested in acquiring this technology?”

“I wouldn’t at all be surprised,” said Piotr, “But I can tell you with certainty that at this time there is no such interests.”

“Yeah, I’m sure they pay guys like you to tell the truth,” said Logan dryly.

“I thought I told you to back off, Logan!” said Scott firmly.

“If he’s so sure why don’t you have him open the damn crate? If he’s got nothing to hide why the hell not?”

It seemed like a reasonable judgment, something that was rare coming from Logan. Scott looked at him and then back at Piotr. As certain as he was that this man was telling the truth, it couldn’t hurt to be completely certain.

“Piotr, if you wouldn’t mind?” said Scott.

“What assurances do I have that you won’t intrude?” said Piotr cautiously.

“None,” said the X-leader, “But you have my word as an X-man that we won’t cause you any trouble. The last thing we want to do start an unnecessary conflict.”

Piotr studied the X-leader. He was poised, sincere, and assertive. It was the kind of character that would not go back on a promise. Piotr dealt with enough unscrupulous individuals to know when someone was leading him on. And he saw nothing from this man or his winged friend that they were deceiving him. Logan, he wasn’t sure about. But if it would help the X-men, he would do what was necessary.

“Very well,” he said, “I will show you.”

Scott, Warren, and Logan gathered near the front of the crate. They watched as Piotr unlocked it and opened the heavy doors again. The imposing Russian stepped aside so they could get a close look at this valuable cargo.

I'm very excited about the direction of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. There are some major events coming soon and more new characters will be showing up in the next few issues! Whereas Volume 1: Mutant Revolution was about setting the stage, Volume 2: War Powers is going to be about putting on a show! And just a reminder, I updated the pics section yesterday! The section for the X-ladies has been updated with new pics for Mystique, Shadowcat, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, and Storm. I even updated the X-men Team Pics, which I know I haven't updated in a while. I'm trying to keep every part of X-men Supreme updated and not just the fanfiction.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments about the world of X-men Supreme, please contact me or place comments on each issue! Feedback is very important to any endeavor and X-men Supreme is no different. While we're on that subject, I would like to send a special shout-out to rekkanoryo again! She has kindly posted comments on pretty much every chapter in X-men Supreme Volume 1: Mutant Revolution! For that I thank her from the bottom of my heart and hope others follow her example. Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment