Tuesday, October 19, 2010

X-POSITION: Nick Lowe - My Questions Asked

Comic Book Resources had another X-POSITION earlier today and since my questions were asked, I'm compelled to post them as I always do. I know I shouldn't keep getting so giddy about it, but I can't help it! It's fun to see one of the Marvel big-wigs actually clear up some of the crazy thoughts that are going through your mind. Today, Nick Lowe drew the wrong straw and answered some questions about various X-titles.

CBR: X-POSITION - Nick Lowe

The news wasn't too big, consisting mostly of teasers for upcoming issues and a general restating of what was already announced at the New York Comic Con. The next big event appears to be Age of X, which starts in January 2011. Not much info has been given, but details are supposed to come out with future solicits so the thinly veiled answers should start coming in. I didn't bother asking these questions. Mine were more specific, including one about my favorite shape shifter.

Speaking of Mystique, MarvelMaster616 is wondering if she feels the pain of motherhood in light of recent events:

1) Does Mystique know that Nightcrawler died during the fight against Bastion? Will her reaction (and necessary revenge) become an issue at some point? I can't imagine she would be too happy with Cyclops, Hope, or Wolverine at the moment…

Mystique knows, certainly. As for if anything will come of it, you'll have to keep reading.

2) What is the status of Storm's marriage to Black Panther? If he's now taking on the Daredevil mantle, what does that mean for them? Will this necessarily lead to marital drama?

As a long-married man (one Herculean year), I need to answer this questions with another: what doesn't lead to marital drama?

3) Is Namor going to remain with the X-Men on a long-term basis? If so, how much does Emma Frost influence that decision? The man can't seem to resist blonds…

Namor is with the X-Men for the long haul. And Emma definitely weighs heavily into that fact. Haven't you been reading "Uncanny?"


There was another question I posted. It was about the status of Mr/Mrs. Sinister. I don't know why that got cut, but I was especially curious about that one. Sinister has been MIA since Messiah Complex and the promise of new mutants must have some appeal to a guy like that. Perhaps he'll show up in Age of X. Perhaps they'll wait for when Generation Hope heats up and the Jean/Phoenix/Hope storyline is finally resolved (which was mentioned BTW).

I'm cautiously optimistic. I really do want to to see what happens with Generation Hope, Age of X, Namor, and Mystique. There's a lot of potential here, but there's also a lot of potential for horrendous disappointment and I'm always trying to prepare myself. That's why I'm keeping things with X-men Supreme going. Without that, my spirit would be an empty shell. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and my optimism and past frustrations will pay off.

In the meantime, stay tuned for Supreme Reflections! That's coming up at the end of the week. Also keep your eyes out for new artwork! I'm always looking to expand it. Until next time, take care! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment