Friday, March 19, 2010

Issue 7: Mother Knows Best Preview

I know I haven't updated my site much this week. God of War 3 has been taking up a great deal of my time. But fear not! I haven't forgotten X-men Supreme. I'm still working on the new issue and it is still on schedule to be released next week. Issue 7: Mother Knows Best will pick up where the previous chapter left off. So all you Rogue fans will get to know a bit more about her history and that of Mystique's as well.

Now I know I usually put up a bio for characters after they are introduced, but since there are still some areas where I want to flesh Rogue out a bit I'll hold off on posting one until after this next chapter. In the meantime, you can expect to see her get a section in the X-ladies part of the picture area. I hope to have that up within a week.

So here is the preview for the next issue of X-men Supreme. I hope you all enjoy it! Stay tuned for more updates.

About half-a-mile away from the institute perimeter, a small metal sphere descended from the sky and landed in a clearing. It moved silently, guided by the invisible forces of magnetism. It was small so it was hard to detect, even for a system as advanced as Xavier’s. Inside the sphere was a lone occupant. Once powered down, it opened up to reveal a very perturbed Mystique.

The shape shifter was not in a good mood. Just being close to the mansion made her blood boil. She was so enraged when she heard that her daughter’s powers had manifested and the X-men had come in and picked her up. They had no right to drag her into their world. Marie was her responsibility. She adopted her and raised her. She was supposed to join the Brotherhood, not the X-men. And she would be damned if she was going to let Xavier brainwash her daughter.

“Raven…I know you can hear me. This is the third time I’ve contacted you and you’re testing my patience.”

The deep, menacing voice of Magneto through her earpiece failed to sway her as she stepped out and started making her way towards the mansion. Ever since she hijacked a transport sphere and flew it out of the Brotherhood base, the master of magnetism had been trying to contact her. She didn’t answer him the first time he called and she wasn’t going to start now. He may have been her superior and one of the most powerful mutants on the planet, but that was not enough to keep her from her daughter.

“I’ll tell you one last time…stand down. Do NOT approach the X-men. They are too strong for you to face on your own! I know you want to get your daughter out of there, but this is not the way to do it! Let us formulate a plan with the Brotherhood and…”

At that point, he was cut off. Mystique grew tired of his urgings and took out the ear piece. She tossed it aside, not caring how angry Magneto was going to be with her. She would worry about that after she confronted Rogue and got her away from this cursed place. It didn’t matter if it was safer to confront the X-men as a team. This was her fight. This was her daughter. She would handle it personally and if Magneto didn’t like that, she could show him where to stick that helmet of his.

“Sorry, Erik…but this is a family affair.”

No comments:

Post a Comment